Open Garden Days
The Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Garden in Seal Harbor, Maine is a private garden that is generally open one day a week in late July, August, and early September to allow garden enthusiasts a chance to enjoy its beauty. The number of visitors on open garden days is limited to protect the quality of each visitor’s experience and the well being of the garden.
This season, the garden will be open to invited guests and people with reservations on Thursdays beginning July 11 through September 5. Each open garden day includes two, two-hour visiting sessions: from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. or from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. There are no formal tours of the garden, however, visitors may pick up a brochure with an enclosed self-guided map at the garden entrance. The garden staff are available to answer questions and a recently published garden book is available for purchase on open days.
Tips for Making Reservations
Public garden day visits are by reservation only. Reservations can be made:
- By submitting a request using our Online Reservation Form beginning Tuesday, May 28.
- By phoning (207) 276-3330 beginning June 11 and continuing Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons between noon and 3:00 pm throughout the season.
- Please note: Reservation requests submitted directly via e-mail will no longer be accepted.
The number of reservations accepted for each Thursday session will be limited to 175 people. The sessions fill up quickly during the season, so please make reservations well in advance of the Thursday you wish to visit.
1. Reservations are made on a first come basis and waiting lists are not maintained. If a cancellation occurs, the next request for the open slot will be accommodated.
2. There is no fee charged for visiting the garden. The garden open days are held rain-or-shine.
3. Groups of up to 20 people can be accommodated with a reservation made during regular reservation hours, space permitting. Non-profit groups of 20 or more will need special permission at least four weeks prior to a visit, space permitting. Commercial groups are not allowed.
4. Directions and tips for visiting the garden will be provided with garden reservation confirmations.
Beginning May 28, 2013:
Submit a request using our Online Reservation Form
Beginning June 11, 2013:
Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons Noon-3PM